Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Buys and Busts

God have I missed Cas. We had a major case that had been building for months. It took a great deal of concerted effort to break it up.

The investigation had taken the better part of two years. My team wasn’t directly involved. We were called in to help with the strike. I have never seen so many agencies working together. We had DEA, FBI, ATF as well as state and local police hitting a major import line in Texas.

The strike took us five days to coordinate. When you have a couple of hundred people involved in a case, it makes sense that it would take some time. I couldn’t believe it. The total take down? 700k in drugs, fifty assault rifles, and twenty-five members of the infamous Calibero gang.

These heartless bastards have been guilty of more than drug crimes. Assaults, murders, attempted murders, armed robbery, and there is even a hint at possible involvement in human trafficking. That’s not really my department and as of right now it’s merely rumor.

I do feel good about what we’ve done. It’s a huge interruption into a train that stretches off into the horizon. Now that it’s over I just want to finish my reports, go home, get a hot shower and curl up on the sofa with Cas. Baby, I’m coming home!

No comments: