Thursday, May 1, 2008

Undercover

I hate it. Sometimes its necessary to put an agent in so deep we can’t get to them. No wires, no communication, no back up. I’ve been there and I can tell you it’s the loneliest feeling in the world. You have to hang on by your nails and if something blows up, you have no one but yourself to depend on. There’s no way to get in touch with the Calvary. We don’t get contact until the deal is sealed.

It’s a hairy time for the each member of the unit. The waiting is hell. Pure hell. There is the very real fear that our plant will be discovered and the next time we see our agent will be a body dump.

The cover itself is a tricky thing. It has to be something that actually fits the agent. I’ve heard the example that the agent looked more like a suburbanite so if he were to try and ghetto-ize, it wouldn’t fly.

It's not always our agents that go in "undercover". CIs are pretty good for that, well some of the time. We have a CI in place now that rolled last night. She’s going to be leading us to her connection. She’s made the call now and in an hour she’ll be going to the buy. With her cell phone we’ll be able to listen in as she makes the deal.

Chase is working on photocopying the cash right now. The cash e use is from confiscated stashes we find during raids. We make a “withdrawal” then the bills are photocopied so that we have a complete record of the serial numbers on the bills. It’s just another way to track the deal. As soon as he’s done we’ll be filing out and filling the cargo vans to wait for the word to raid the house.

This van is too damn crowded. My nerves are already starting to stretch. This bullet wound is still aching and now that its healing the itch is starting creep in. It’s going to make me insane! Man, I hope this bust goes smooth. I don’t want to get hit again and I sure the hell don’t want to see any of our unit get it either.

I can’t stop my knee from bouncing. The anticipation, the adrenaline rushing through my veins, makes it impossible to sit still. Patience was never my long suit and this part of an operation requires more than I’ve got. Damn. Waiting sucks. This is Mickey and Bobby’s gal so their running the show. As soon as we get the word the vans are going to roll in then the entire unit will bail out and surround the place.

I wanted to hit the door but thanks to this damn wound I’m going to be part of the clean up crew. Almost time…Almost…There's the signal. 'Bout damn time!

No comments: