Monday, April 28, 2008

Damn!

I got shot. The friggin’ hole burns like hell. They had to cut me open to remove the lead. Said it clipped the…some nerve in my shoulder. Hell, if I knew anatomy I’d be a doctor, right?

They made me stay for a couple of days. Now I’ve got a wing in a sling and Cas is clucking all around me. I love her but right now I’m ready to claw out of my skin. I couldn’t help it. I snapped on her.

At first she looked like she was going cry but all the sudden her eyes glittered like dark sapphires, her jaw clenched, she flexed her fist open and closed a few times. Lord, I thought she was gonna spit fire!

Listen to me Justice Bernard. I’m not going to stand here and let you snipe at me. You’ve been shot and are under orders to take it easy. So sit down and shut up before I knock you clean into next week. I didn’t sit up and worry about you just to bring you home and have you act like a jerk!

She looked so cute all hoppin’ mad I just couldn’t help but grin at her. Earned myself a smack in the chest. At least she was sweet enough to make it my uninjured arm.

I’m supposed to be out of commission for a day or two longer, but hell with it, I’m going in tomorrow. Of course Cas doesn’t know I plan on it. She’s creative. She’d find a way to keep me pinned in here.

The pain is started to get worse. I better pop a pill before Cas sees me hurting. She won’t let up until I’m tucked all safe in bed—huh. Tucked in bed. She’d have to be there to take care of me. In bed. “Cas? Honey, I need one of the pills the doctor sent me home with. Can you help?”

Hey, I was only shot I’m not dead!

No comments: